View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 19, 2012, 12:31 PM

Linda;
I can only say that Earl was always tired on Dacogen - and it did not work for him at all. In fact, on Mnday, we are switching to Vidaza Sub-Q injections in hopes that something will work.
I am so glad you are getting the concentrator - but when the RT's (Respiratory Technicians) come, tell then you want the kind where you can refill the portable tanks. If not, they wll pawn you off an old machine that doesn't refill - may look new - but the technology is much improved, just like with PC's. Also - remember that the longer the hose is, the less oxygen Al will be getting. It's not bad to have a long one around, but if Al uses one anywhere over 50 feet - he will not be getting the oxygen that you have it set on - so you will have to bump it up to at least 3 litres in order for him to actually get 2. The same goes for when he has a cold or some other thing than the MDS - 2 litres is what they set children on - an adult should be a constant 3 at least. And at this point, more oxygen into his system won't hurt.
Sorry - don't mean to sound nursely again - but I want you to be aware of things they may not tell you.
Here's hoping the Dacogen works. You are both in our thoughts and prayers.
((((HUGS))))
Beth