View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 17, 2012, 07:17 PM

Hi Anne,

Transplant ideas.

Even though I a plethora of electronic devices, smart phone, IPod, and laptop, kindle, it was the digitial picture frame which ran photos of my family twenty four-seven which I really relied on when I woke at night, or felt tired or nauseus during the day. I could just lie there and see pictures of my grandkids at different ages and stages. And the nurses love to watch and connect who you are outside of the hospital. If you have one or ask someone to put together a compliation, friends, family whatever.

I also only watched comedies on TV.

"Psych" being one of my favorites.

Also ask about all the services available while there: bike, massage, physical therapy, social worker, ministry. Take advantage while recouperating. They don't always tell you these services are available and they certainly help.

The 3 line cathata(spell) into my jugular vein below my neck was wonderful as had been reported. The nurses come in at all hours and change infusions, and best of all the 5am daily draw of blood samples can happen while you are still asleep.

Best
Donna
f68 MDS; abmt 1/12. ABO mismatch 11 mos. (70) transf. Ferr 3-5k. 8 phlebot. AGVHD to CGVHD. skin,eyes. lungs as of 10/13. muscle weakness &osteo long term steroids.photopheresis 2x wk as of 3-15.pred 20 eod,acyclovir, mepron, voriconazole, pantropazole, lisinopril, montelukast, anoro, azithromycin.