Thread: Holistic dr
View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 17, 2013, 10:24 PM

I am also receiving standard treatment but I must say I have thought about herbal remedies if all else fails. My only concern is how these drugs can counteract with meds that are still in your system or even interfere with increased risks of graft host rejections for future bone marrow prospects. This is what concerns me. I am going to consult my doctor about it. I was thinking about trying a trial period with herbs if this ATG and cyclosporine doesn't work before this bone marrow transplant procedure. I'm going to tell the doctor my plans and ask him if or when it is safe after weaning of cyclosporine and all these meds. I don't think it can hurt if it is short term and I believe I'll survive this. That is what we have to think. Our doctor's are their to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughHC View Post
I have been disgnosed with low risk MDS. As with Iany Bone Marrow disorder we are dealing with a serious and powerful disease.

I am absolutely opposed to limiting my avenues of potential therapeutic procedures to any holistic Doctor. I will continue to rely on established procedures for my hopeful therapy.

While I encourage anyone to seek all possible means for a hopeful recovery or at least forestalling further deterioration I would caution anyone from abstaining totally from mainstream medicine There have been all kinds of
"witch doctor" approaches that do nothung more that extract money from physically ill people desperate for a cure that cannot be found.\\Please be very careful