Thread: Day +45!!!!
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 23, 2016, 03:25 PM

Day +45!!!!

Hello All!!! I hope everyone is doing well or on their way. Today is Day +45 post BMT for me. I remember Day 3 wondering to myself. How in the world was i going to make it. I felt so weak and drained then. Now here i am.

I would love to say that i have been discharged and my numbers are great. And i am moving on with my life. But thats simply not the case. Overall I feel fine. Some days i feel more fatigued than others. Some days I can't eat, some days all i do is eat. My main concern is my numbers.

My numbers are fluctuating like crazy. Which is really frustrating for me. Two weeks ago my numbers shot up.

WBC 1.78
HGB 10.
PLT 77!! (highest since i been diagnosed)
ANC 1040!!

Only for the following week for my numbers to tank.
And everyday after my numbers got lower and lower. Then last week they went up. And now they're down.

My doctors said that it was normal for counts to go up and down for a while. But at what point do they intervene?
My Chimerism actually did show good numbers. They confirmed that my brothers cells are there. They say they look at 3 diff cell lines. (sorry i cant remember the terms)
But one line was 97% Another at 75% and the last at only 9% but they weren't too concerned since the other numbers were so high and technically it's still early. They also did a biopsy and i cant remember the result bc when they tried to explain to me, i couldn't concentrate bc of some drug they had me on for some neck pain i was having. I just know it wasn't a high percentage but again, it's still early..

I know I'm being really impatient but only bc i would like to go home to my children and fiance'. I'm discharged from the hospital but i have to stay close in case of emergency. So i'm staying local with my grandmother.

I know everyone's experience is different. But how long after engraftment did it take for your numbers to become semi-normal, normal? Should i ask about getting the neupogen shot? Is there anything i can do to increase my WBC?

Any input is appreciated. Thank you