View Single Post
Old Thu May 17, 2012, 09:29 AM

Jim, I, too have had high liver numbers. The dr is not sure it is gvhd - perhaps it is from meds. I am still on cyclosporine (100 mg 2X day) and recently on another immune suppressant (50 mg 1x day) due to a gvhd issue in my legs. I am on 30 mg of prednisone each morning until I return from my vacation. (Going to ride motorcycle to Dallas and then back all along the Gulf Coast!!!) I had skin gvhd that is calmed down now. My liver numbers were perfect last week! I think my doc will begin cutting me down in a couple of weeks. He told me the gvhd will burn itself out. I am left with spots all over (like a leopard!!) from the skin issue. I am still on most of the meds I left the hospital with almost 1-1/2 years ago. I don't know if the additional immune suppressant or the increase in prednisone fixed my liver???? Hang in there. Look at it like this, if our new cells are doing little deeds to our body - the MDS is gone! I can handle the issues I am left with, especially after reading from those less fortunate. Hugs and prayers, Lori
Lori, female age 53 dx MDS-RAEB-II 15% blasts 10-2010. Induc Chemo 10/14/10 for 7 days - results unacceptable so 5 additional days chemo. Complete Remission 12/10/10!! SCT 1-11-11 remission achieved!!! BMB 1-29-11 100% Donor! cgvh eyes,skin (Caringbridge.org/visit/loripatrick)