View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 15, 2008, 10:29 PM

Vidaza

Hi Anne Marie,
The only chemo I've ever had is Vidaza. I used to get the injections, but I have switched to IV 2 months ago and it is much easier for me. My first doc tried to give the injections in my stomach, but I had reactions - pain and cramping during the shots and inflamation, skin peeling at site while nausea following the injection even though I took meds to counteract nausea. I switched to receiving shots in the back of my arms - did this for almost 2 years - still had site reaction, but no cramping. I do not have a port. I get the anti-nausea med at the beginning of the IV, so no oral meds. I've been receiving Vidaza for almost 2 years (2 year anniversary in August). So far, it has kept the disease under control. The IV seems to be a whole lot easier for my body to take. Good luck.
Kathy
Kathy, 47, diagnosed with MDS IPSS Intermediate Risk, Refractory Anemia and Thrombocytopenia both secondary to MDS. 8/06-treatments include 14 shots Vidaza monthly, aeranesp, neulasta when needed also have polycystic kidney disease