View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 10, 2011, 02:30 PM

Possible Cure for PNH

Have you heard that about 3% of people who have PNH actually get better, and the doctors don’t know why?

I’m one of those lucky people, and I think I know why.

Here’s my story, and I have nothing to gain by disclosing this information other than the self satisfaction that my story might help someone.

Twenty five years ago I was diagnosed with PNH. Over the years, 3 different Hematologists confirmed this diagnosis. The disease progressed to the point where I was in and out of the hospital getting blood transfusions to keep me alive.

When I was in crisis, the color of my urine was black.

My symptoms were:
1) Bleeding into my urine
2) Bleeding in my colon
3) Bleeding in my blood vessels
4) Chronic fatigue syndrome and anemia
5) Chronic Backache
6) Chronic Head aches
8) Chronic diarrhea
10) Incontinence
11) Depression
12) Memory loss
13) Insomnia
14) Fever
15) Chronic abdominal pain

Over the years I consulted with about 15 medical doctors and about 15 alternative therapy doctors. Over this 25 year period, I probably invested over $250,000 in doctoring of some kind or another.

At the worst phase of the disease, my life was upside down as I spent 30% of my time in medical clinics searching for answers, and at times, preferred death over the symptoms I was experiencing.

Today, I no longer have symptoms and feel well. I am either fully recovered or close to a full recovery. My life style has returned to normal.

The beginning of my recovery began 10 years ago when I discovered that I had Lyme Disease, Babesiosis and Ehrlichiosis. Babesiosis and Ehrlichiosis are co-infections to Lyme disease (you acquire these diseases at the same time that you acquire Lyme disease). I diagnosed myself based on the research and reading that I did, and began treating myself with herbal antibiotics.

After a year of self-treatment, I met a medical doctor that had experience with these diseases, and he confirmed my diagnosis based on prior clinical symptoms and with blood tests. I had antibodies to all three diseases in my blood stream.

Through the course of my research, I read 8 books on these 3 diseases. The 4th book I read was a book called: The Diagnosis and Treatment of Babesia by James Schaller, M.D. (you can get it at amazon). He states on page 64 of the book:

1) When Babesiosis is suspected, have your physician and pathologist look for:

a. Signs of ruptured red cells (such as urine or blood hemoglobin levels).
b. Low platelet counts
c. Unusual lymphocytes
d. Signs of cells eating red blood cells (hemophagocytosis)
e. Red or dark urine.
f. Pancytompenia or a low number of all the cell types found in blood.
g. A urine examination looking for whole red blood cells and hemoglobin from burst cells.
h. ECP stands for eosinophil cationic protein and these might be abnormal in either Babesia or Lyme infections.
i. Abnormal liver function.
j. Lactic dhydrogenase or LDH is present in a number of key organs including the liver. Babesia can occasionally alter these levels.
k. A sedimentation rate (ESR) is a blood test that is sometimes positive with Babesial infection.
l. A Direct Coombs test examines red blood cell clumping and it may or may not be positive.

Does this sound familiar?

NOTE: I had almost all of the above symptoms AND have antibodies to Babesia in my blood stream.

The author goes on to say that:
The problem with relying on blood tests is that only profoundly ill patients will be discovered using these tests. Depending on these for the vast majority of Babesia infections will lead to significant under diagnosis.
Other symptoms of Babesiosis:

1) Fatigue
2) Trouble thinking
3) Air hunger
4) Coughing
5) Fevers
6) Headache
7) Dizziness
8) Chills
9) Sweats

At one time or another, I have had all but two of those symptoms. Dr. Schaller’s daughter had only two of those symptoms, and tested positive for Babesiosis. And no one diagnosed her with this until he spent 100’s of hours in research and discovered this for himself …. Hence the reason why he wrote the book.

I believe that:

1) Babesiosis is a possible cause or complicating factor for PNH …or

2) I was mis-diagnosed with PNH and actually had Lyme Disease/Babesiosis/Ehrlichiosis

I believe that it is possible that some individuals diagnosed with PNH may be able to cure their symptoms (like I did) by treating Babesiosis and Lyme Disease. It’s a known scientific fact that Lyme disease and its co-infections can cause the symptoms of many other diseases and conditions.

Why is it that some people recover from PNH, while the vast majority do not? My case demonstrates that it may be possible that people who recover from PNH are those people whose immune system has somehow figured out how to eradicate the Lyme/Babesiosis/Ehrlichiosis infection from their system.

Is it possible that a certain % of PNH diagnoses is incorrect, and many people could get well from the treatment for Lyme Disease / Babesiosis / Ehrlichiosis? … or just maybe … is it even possible that PNH is a label that medicine has given to symptoms that are actually caused by Babesiosis?

By the way, don’t bother asking your Hematologist about Babesiosis. He/She will not be able to spell it let alone know what it is and what the symptoms are. If I had listened to my Hematologist who said that there was nothing much I could do for my PNH Disease other than to treat the symptoms as they came, I would be dead by now.

If you would like to check into this, I suggest that you do the following:

1) Read the following article by Dr. David Williams about Lyme Disease and its coinfections:

http://www.samento.com.ec/sciencelib/sarticles/thegreatimpostor.html

2) Find a Lyme Literate Doctor to test you to see if you have Lyme Disease or Babesiosis. The article above will tell you how to find the right doctor.

3) If you discover you have Babesiosis, read Dr. Schaller’s book noted above. You will need a very good doctor. You must find someone who specializes in this. Babesiosis is very hard to cure and there are not very many doctors who know how to treat this disease.

I hope this information will help you. Then all my suffering and my lucky discovery will have helped other people.

And if you are wondering if I am a real person, you can go to my company’s web site, www.wisie.com, click on About Us, and you will see my picture. I’m looking a lot healthier in that picture than I did 15 years ago when I was near death, my skin tones were gray, and I was skin and bones.

I am making this announcement to help people. I do not have time to return to this forum and answer questions as I own two companies, and am working 80 hours per week.

To your health,
Tom Cramer