View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 28, 2016, 12:33 PM

Don't worry

Hello,
I have read your thread and have to let you know my situation. My numbers were almost identical to yours 2 years ago. I am also 52, female. I went into panic mode. First went to Mayo Clinic. He said probable MDS but not 100% also said maybe this would just go away someday. I got nervous and went for a second opinion at MDAnderson. The Dr. there is very optimistic and said never to worry about this again. The statistics of early death include all other causes of death. So do not look at those. Also he asked me to watch and wait and see him once a year. I have taken drastic measures with diet and supplements since that visit. I also cut out all alcohol and all over the counter pain relievers. My CBC this last check is the best it has ever been. After forwarding the results to MDAnderson- he said I did not need to see him this year! I think a positive non fearful attitude is the healthiest thing you can do for your body. I still think about the possibilities but quickly chase the thoughts away. My husband thinks everything is just fine- same as your husband! But I agree with him. Everything is just fine now and no one knows what the future holds so do not ever worry about what might happen. Because chances are good that it might not happen as well! I stay active, eat well, swim everyday and pray a lot! You will have great Drs. at Dana Farber and they will get you through this!