View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 19, 2011, 08:41 AM

Please help me i dont know how to help my father

My father 79 years old diagnosed for MDS in august 2011, maybe due to the IMMURAN, that he used to take since 1998.unfortunately we discovered in august 2011 that he had severe anemia, low platelets, low wbc.
We started to give him 2 kinds of drugs to avoid blood transfusion: Eprex, neupogen and it worked for 4 month and retained his hemoglobin and wbc in normal range, until everything dropped again ex: wbc:1900, hemog: 8.5 and platelets: 20000 (1 week ago) and seems eprex doesnt work any more.

The Professor of hematology at the American University hospital in Beirut checked him and did for him biopsy for the bone marrow, and Flow cytometry and we got this result:

Multiple gates on this low quality bone marrow using cd45 expression reveal a mixture of granulocytic elements, lymphocytes, erythroide cells, and blast.
the blast 11% are positive for cd13 cd33 cd34 cd117 and hla-dr.

bone marrow aspirate slide:
hemodiluted bone marrow showing one tiny hyper cellular spicule with scattered lymphocyte.(but no blast are seen)

cbc:

wbc: 1900
rbc: 3.51
hemoglobin: 11.3
hematocryt: 33%
mcv : 94
mch:32pg
rdw: 19%
platelets:20000

Ferritine(ria) 1015ng/ml
V. B12: 1734pg/ml
fer serique: 99ug/dl

yesterday we gave him 2 units of blood to let him feel better.

plzzz anybody help me about how serious is my father case, i cant live without my father i cant imagine his absence doctors says we cant do anything for his case specially in his age, Vidaza make him worse,
plz someone give me a hint how to get his platelets to normal...i dont want him to bleed then give him platelets...i need someone to give me hope i cant work im not eating thinking about him 24 hours a day

ps: doctors said if we gave him platelets he will loose them in 1 week so no mean to give him plat. until bleed show up.

any new drug can help??? plz tell me