View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 20, 2011, 11:00 PM

I know how you feel

Hi, I am so sorry you are going through this right now with your Dad.
I too was very close with my Dad . . . a true blue Daddy's Girl. My Dad had MDS. For many years he did well with Procrit and Neupogen. He used to find that his platelet count went up after eating Pineapple. Try it . . . it can't hurt. I know that it is so easy to feel frustrated that you can't do more for your Dad. The most important thing is to make sure he has a doctor who has a lot of experience with MDS. The second this you can do (which you are doing) is try to get as much information and help as you can on the forum. The third thing is LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Be there as much as you can . . . treasure every minute you spend with your Dad . . . let him know how you feel about him . . . pray and hold onto HOPE. I am here if you just want to talk. I know how this disease affects family members. When you love someone, you can't help but go through a myriad of emotions yourself. Remember to find ways to re-charge your batteries . . . bubble baths . . . walks in the park . . . nurture yourself while you nurture and love your Dad.
Know you are NOT alone . . . we are here for you.