View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 21, 2011, 02:54 AM

so hard...

dear friends,

you cant imagine how much is hard to stand up watching your dad day after day getting worse and worse and you can't do anything
Our hematologist did not give us any drug to stop or delay the disease, since my dad is around 80 and his health cannot afford vidaza or any similar drug

what make me crazy is the drop of his platelets every week i check his cbc, and after that i live in a worry life always waiting him to bleed from somewhere i don't know.

i dont want him to leave me, i love him so so much like any person who love his father, when i sit with him to spend as much time as i can, i feel guilty since im loosing time without doing hard work to find anything any drug to make his life better.

im using neupogen for the drop of white blood cells
im using Eprex hoping it can stand his RBC for 1 month between transfusion because transfusion and going to hospital frequently made him tired and hopeless.
finally and the most thing im worry about is the PLATELETS !!! NOW he has 17k 1 week ago 25k 2 week ago 35k and so on.... a severe drop appear to occur this lately weeks, here in lebanon (middle east, beirut) we find a big problem to bring i unit of Platelets and hospital doesnt help us at all, we have to find people from anywhere and beg them to donate. i dont want my father platelets to get lower i always ask doc to give me anything to make his platelets stop droping but always no answer from him

what a disease !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ur lover disappear gradually in front of and u cant do anything... my god!!!

i can hear him breathless all time, iv never seen dad like this, even after taking two unit of blood and get his hemoglobin 12 and still i find him tired and breathless can anybody tell me why ???? i check his heart and it was not bad, checked his lungs nothing appear...so why this tiredness???

Life is so hard dear friend.