View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 8, 2014, 05:05 AM

Just thought I'd give a little update since I ran another marathon last weekend in Berlin and it was such a happy, joyful, wonderful experience for me. I ran it with a guy from my running crew I didn't know well at the start, but we were like brother & sister by the end! We wanted to smile and cheer the whole way through, and remember how lucky we are to be able to run. We finished in the exact same time, 3:46:05 - nowhere near a Personal Best for me, but I ran it really evenly paced which is what I wanted.

I also had some big news a few weeks ago - after a bunch of consent forms were passed around the world, I got details of my donor!! So I know his name and where he lives, and I dropped him an email but haven't heard back yet. I was pretty emotional just to see his name, really. Amazing.

Annnnd, after my performance at the British Transplant Games this year (4 gold and a silver in track & field), I've been selected to represent Great Britain at the World Transplant Games in Argentina next year! OMG! Now, I think I've finally accepted that I'll never compete at the Olympics (ha!), so this is truly a wonderful thing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Berlin_BrandenburgGate_gunfinger.jpg (100.7 KB, 8 views)
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)