View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 14, 2010, 08:53 PM

Well, first, how old are you? Did you ask Dr. Cripe what you should do? If you want IU to be your facility, you need to tell him that and that you want him as a Dr. and you want a plan of action. I'm surprised he didn't give you one. You could see Dr. Azar. He is friendlier than Cripe, but I like Cripe's knowledge. Maybe he was saying to get another BMB in 3 months to see what was happening? Ask him. You can call and ask to speak to Stephanie, his nurse. She is very helpful. You need to put together a list of questions and take someone with you who can help remember what is said. It is too stressful to try to remember it alone.

I have little choice besides transplant. My stage of the disease is almost to turn to AML, which is more difficult to treat. Lori
Lori, female age 53 dx MDS-RAEB-II 15% blasts 10-2010. Induc Chemo 10/14/10 for 7 days - results unacceptable so 5 additional days chemo. Complete Remission 12/10/10!! SCT 1-11-11 remission achieved!!! BMB 1-29-11 100% Donor! cgvh eyes,skin (Caringbridge.org/visit/loripatrick)