View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 11, 2015, 07:36 AM

ATG+ Cyclo , four months done, little improvement

Hi There
I am 61 yrs old and have been diagnosed with SAA with cellularity of 15%, needing transfusion of PRBC and platelets every 10 days. That was in 07/14. Had my ATG done in 11/14 and since then on cyclosporine. Initially cyclo had adverse effect on my food intake and I didn't feel like eating. The creatinine level reached to 8(5 times the normal limit). Due to this the doctors stopped the Cyclo which was 300 mg per day. I ran without cyclo for about 20/25 days. Then later they again started with initial dose of 100 mg per day since jan 2015. This amount of medicine is bearable to me and I am able to take some food. The doctor has also added Danazol 100 mg twice hoping that it might help.
All the improvement that I could witness till now is the duration between transfusion which has improved from 10 days to 15. My major concerns are as under

1) Is 100 mg cyclo is enough or should I try to increase it to 150 per day ( 73 kg weight)
2) The retic counts are not improving and hovering around 0.1 to 0.2 ( normal 0.5-2.5). Why is that the retic keeps fluctuating
3) With this kind of experience should we be hopeful of a recovery in terms of transfusion free life. BMT is not possible since there are no siblings and finding HLA matching donor will take a lot of time
4) Any other options ???