View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 13, 2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satish Chandra Misra View Post
1) Is 100 mg cyclo is enough or should I try to increase it to 150 per day ( 73 kg weight)
I would carefully monitor whether your kidneys are able to tolerate cyclosporine before considering increasing the dosage. Did your creatinine come down to your baseline level when you were off the drug?

Based on my experience, I would think that 100-150 mg/day is too low. However, you may not be able to tolerate any cyclosporine, based on your adverse reactions to it. Hopefully, you will have a response to Danazol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satish Chandra Misra View Post
2) The retic counts are not improving and hovering around 0.1 to 0.2 ( normal 0.5-2.5). Why is that the retic keeps fluctuating
3) With this kind of experience should we be hopeful of a recovery in terms of transfusion free life. BMT is not possible since there are no siblings and finding HLA matching donor will take a lot of time
I would start the donor search while you are waiting for a response. It is still to early to tell if you will respond, but it is good to be proactive.

Wishing you the best.