View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 13, 2015, 11:45 PM

Hi Carole - I also have MDS RCMD and my blast levels are similar to yours (not exactly sure at present as it's nearly 12 months since my last biopsy). I understand your reservations about rushing to conventional medicine for treatment. When my blast count reduced without treatment to 2% I decided not to embark on any conventional medicine options until absolutely necessary and 3 years later I'm still stable. In that time I've learned a lot, especially from this forum, and now if my condition seriously deteriorated I think I would probably have the confidence to seriously consider SCT or some other form of conventional therapy.

My biggest problem by far is white cells and neutrophils. I can manage my infection vulnerability reasonably well with diet and natural remedies along with the 4-weekly gamma globulin infusions. I feel well most of the time. However I gather you have a problem with your red cells. My impression is that this is harder to treat by natural means. I'm interested to know whether you have evidence that the Angeles hospital has had success with patients who suffer from the same issues that you have, and what types of treatment they offer?
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.