View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 15, 2015, 01:46 PM

Carole L,

The Vidaza treatment is very simple generally. The only part that takes time is that they won't start mixing (it is a two part process) it until they see you. I got my shots (two each day for seven days) in my stomach. That sounded awful when they first talked about it, but they didn't seem to be a problem and they very seldom caused any pain. I did have to map out my stomach so they could get the seven days. The shots need to be an inch from the previous shots. I took an anti-nausea pill about an hour before the shots. The anti-nausea pills will almost always cause constipation. Be very aware and prepared. The actual getting the Vidaza takes about five minutes or less.

I lived a totally normal life for the eight months (seven days of shots, 21 days off) I was getting Vidaza. I was usually golfing 18 holes (walking six miles) the same day as the shots. The worst that I felt was a sunburn feeling in the location of the shots. It wasn't enough to lose sleep and a couple of Tylenol always made it easier/not noticeable. Naturally it is different for everyone, but generally the Vidaza is well tolerated.

Your blood counts will dip at about the second or third round of Vidaza and then should get better. My counts were all close to normal by the fifth round.

Will you be able to get the shots in your local area after the first two rounds? That is something to check on.

I wish you the best.