View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 1, 2016, 01:25 PM

I'm Sue from Edmonton Alberta Canada

Hi my name is Sue. Diagnosed 10 months ago with MDS. Presently I have not received any treatment and suffer with severe anemia. Presently I work a 4 day which means I sleep and work only. When I'm not working I have more energy to spend time to socialize with my family. I am realizing what quality of life means to me and I'm suprised what matters most. I too was thinking of going to Dr Perez and I appreciate the earlier post regarding this. I'm working with my chi, meditating, juicing and a few other things. Are they working? Who knows I'm just glad I can do something for myself than the alternatives.
I have been living the wait and see game. Which has presented many life lessons. I have researched the drugs blood transfusions and transplant along with the respective side effects and balancing my quality of life baffling. Perhaps med is the way to go for some but I'm not sold.
Oh no this was suppose to be my introduction?? One last thing ...any edmontonians here? Please let me know. I am trying to find the support group here and the Canadian branch of Mds association is well ....let's leave that.
Happy August and thanks for listening.
Sue