View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 18, 2017, 09:42 PM

Dick, several of us have experience with Vidaza. I just finished my 24th cycle of Vidaza. I get my two Sub-Q shots in the stomach each day for seven days and then a 28 day break. Most of my cycles have been as you describe with a 21 day break. The stomach shots seem to work better than any other area according to my nurses who have also given them under the upper arm. I prefer the shots because I am in and out in about 15-20 minutes. The IV is optional but they take much longer. I take an anti-nausea pill about 1 hour before the shots. I also have learned to take MiraLax while getting the shots because the anti-nausea pills will cause constipation.

I don't have much for side effects and have often have gone golfing the same day as getting the shots. I will start my cycles on a Monday and start feeling sluggish by Wednesday or Thursday. This will last until about Wednesday following the last shots on Sunday.

I wish you the best and welcome to the Vidaza club. Vidaza saved/extended my life.

Last edited by bailie : Thu Jan 19, 2017 at 12:17 PM.