View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 13, 2011, 01:42 PM

Greg,

As always, thank you so much for your input. I looked through the trials in Florida but don't think our insurance will cover. However, I did find that they are doing the same clinical trial here at Emory that they want to put him on in Houston. He was on Arry614 clinical trial at Emory until April of this year. I'm thinking that the reason they did not recommend Sapacitabine when he had no response on the Arry614 is that he was still at low risk Int-1 at that point. But now that he has 10% blasts they may say that the Sapacitabine is an option. I have put a call in to our doctor at Emory to call us first thing Monday morning. Why is it that you always need an answer on the weekend? It would be a sure answer to pray if we could be treated locally. I just wish that the Estybon were being offered locally.
But like you said, if we try the Sapacitabine and it doesn't show improvement, then we may be able to then try the Estybon.
They are wanting us to go ahead and get everything in order for a stem cell transplant in the future. While we were set up to talk to a doctor at M D Anderson about SCT, if we are able to do this trial here at Emory, I'd want to talk to the doctor here instead. I would much rather be here near home for transplant than Texas. Of course I want him to get the best care. We'll just have to wait and see.
I'm sorry, I know I'm talking all over the charts. Just anxious to get something working in our favor.
Thanks again for your help and encouragement.
Linda
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.