View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 26, 2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria J View Post
Ron,

I love that line - if people tell you you are sick, we usually try to oblige them! How true!!

I never met anyone either, until I went to the AAMDS conference - what an amazing experience! You should definitely try to attend one, or at the very least, a one-day local event - very worthwhile.

Keep well,

Gloria
Hi Gloria,
Thanks for the information on AAMDS conferences. I'll have to look one up and see if I can go. I guess we are a rare bunch. I've only half joked with my doctors and said that we could hold an AA convention in Atlanta under a bus stop shelter! I've been to a Healing Journeys workshop and it was incredible but didn't see anyone else with AA.
Re the people who oblige us by getting sick-- In my youth (many, many years ago) we used to play a terrible trick on the last person to report for work. We would all independently tell him/her that they looked a little ill, and asked how they felt. Usually they checked out sick by noon! Lets you know how important it is for our docs and support teams to be positive, doesn't it?
Keep smiling,
Flyguy