View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 5, 2010, 08:48 PM

Copper Supplements

Hey Chirley!

At first I was taking 4mg of copper gluconate per day, but my copper numbers continued to fall. The dietician at my transplant center did some more investigation and changed her recommendation to Chelated Copper. I buy Chelated Copper capsules manufactured by a company in Texas called Bluebonnet (the state flower). They contain 3 mg of copper bisglycinate chelate. I take two per day. I also take 25mg of chelated zinc per day. Even though too much zinc can inhibit copper absorption, apparently you need some zinc to aid copper absorption.

I don't know, at the moment, whether this is having any effect. I just had a copper test and should have the results next week.

The studies I've read generally call for IV copper in folks with really low copper counts.

Take Care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com