View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 24, 2008, 12:09 PM

Clueless in NC

O.k.

The long and short of it is I have no idea whats happening. As I stated on my last post, Pop was failing fast in the blood department. he needed to have blood on Friday. He was in the high 6's on hemoglobin and 13 on platelets. His whites were 33.5 {33,500} a tad high. All weekend, tightness in his chest, lethargic, sleepy, hard to get oxygen and worn out after a walk to the bathroom. The doctor took him off the neuprogin thinking his body was rejecting it, but he still had last weeks shot.

Today he had his Tuesday blood test. White was 4.8, Hemo was 10.1 and his platelets were at 37. He said he feels about the same; however, can concentrate better than Sunday. Is this the bulb getting brighter before it goes out issue? Last week the doctor was talking hospice, now i wonder what he will say on the Thursday appt. I am very confused, and my poor mother is on one emotional roller coaster. Any clues out there, I would love to hear some input.

I will keep updating as info comes in.

Scott

Son Of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.