View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 11, 2009, 07:28 AM

Thanks for the insight........

My Dad is feeling a tad bit better. Thing is his upper back is bothering him. I think I've read that the neulasta can cause bone pain? He always gets a shot the Monday after his last Friday Vidaza treatment.

I am a bit concerned that he is only to get his blood checked once a week. I guess they are thinking that his weakness is temporary and should bounce back. I sure hope so. I imagine this may be his last vidaza session (his 4th) for a while. It's kind of been the norm........they give it to him until he has a problem tolerating it, then they tend to keep him off of it for a while. I hope, in time, his counts come up.

Anyone know how long it takes procrit to work? My Dad got a shot of what they called "something like procrit but it works for a longer period of time" (I'm thinking EPO). I just wonder if this too can account for part of how he feels. I guess the plan is "counts go down at first, then back up". I am Praying this is what happens.

I'm also Praying for all that are fighting this, and any illness. Thanks for the support.