View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 19, 2014, 08:39 PM

Thank you! I've been getting refueled with RBCs and platelets and have found the staff to be a wonderful support system! I'm moving forward in treatment which is beyond scary. I have spent so much time researching the best approach, what I can handle physically and emotionally at this point in my life, and have four potential MUD. No extensive confirmation testing has been done. My insurance doesn't cover it and I am trying to find what my options are for securing funds.

Right now I'm still indecisive about going ATG route or wait to see if I have any definite matches, or both? Maybe ATG wouldn't work for me or would fail at some point? It's all very scary to think about.

One of my best friend's mom died this week and so she is out of state. Another loss in life and tragedy. I would have gone with her if I wasn't so afraid and dependent on transfusions at this point.

Emotionally I'm in turmoil due to so many horrible events, but I'm trying to focus on my health. My team of staff has become my mini-counselors but no one can possible understand the wreckage a person with a personality disorder can leave behind in your life until you've experienced it. Not a great time for that to happen. I need a strong heart right now.