View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 15, 2015, 11:08 PM

I was at the 160 mg and they decided I needed to taper quickly. I also had developed diabetes because of the prednisone. I tapered 20 mg every four days. When I got down to 20 mg the taper was to 10 and then zero. What really surprised them was that I never had any side effects from the prednisone except a great appetite. I think I felt the fast taper because I then started on the Vidaza and Sprycel at about the same time. I noticed that I was a little unstable walking and had to be careful. I was on the prednisone for about three months. My temporary diabetes tracked the prednisone almost directly and by the time I was off the prednisone the diabetes was gone. It was tricky adjusting my insulin to correspond to the prednisone taper. I was doing the finger pricking five times a day and my levels were all over from 45 on the low to over 500 at times. That made the prednisone taper a little more difficult. That time was the worst that I felt since about Day +12 after the SCT.