View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 22, 2010, 04:15 PM

Hi Bill,

So sorry to hear about Dylan. When John was at Hopkins, we met a mother of a 16yr old who was getting a transplant. She had been on seizure med all her life and did get AA. I don't know what she was taking but her mom said it was from her seizure meds. I'm sure you're already checking out epilepsy forums and asking these same questions.

Regarding triggers to disease. I think we all have different/multiple triggers and different organs/systems can be involved. So the same toxin can effect us in different ways. When it's not an acute, extreme exposure, then they have a difficult time assigning a toxin to a disease. However, there's more data out there where chronic, low levels of multiple toxins can disrupt our system and cause disease. And the more I hear about the natural gas drilling taking place in NY,PA, W.VA and Colorado and the effects on the ground water and air, it makes sense that children will be more sensitive to the toxic exposure from the chemicals used in the process and suffer the consequences.

I hope you get this sorted out sooner than later and that Dylan's seizures will resolve.

Take care,
Marlene
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.