View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 10:57 PM

aplastic anemia due to lamictal

my daughter was just diagnosed with aplastic anemia june 2011 prior to diagnoses she was a healthy 6 year old.she had petit mal seizures (staring spells that last less that a secound) and was put on dilantin and soon was weened off because of rashes.then she was put on lamictal and her seizures went away they decided to up the dose slightly and within a week she bruised all over her body and had bleeding gums.a week later she was diagnosed with AA.the number one side effect of lamictal is AA.doctors dont seem to believe the AA is linked to it. They switched to keppra and was on that for a few months and i slowly weened her off it myself.i believe thats what caused my daughters AA. So far shes been off keppra for 4 months with no seizures and before she would miss a dose an right away would have a staring spell seizure.I am happy i took her off it i dont need any more side effects from medications.In my heart i believe lamictal is what caused her the AA.