View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 2, 2007, 11:37 AM

Hi Albert and Warren,

Thanks for your comments.

My MDS mainly affects WBC and Platelets, the Hgb never was too low; hence I've never had any transfusions. I respond very well to Procrit and Neupogen when required.

My chromosome analysis is fairly clear, of 7 BMB chromosome analyses, two occurances of Trisomy 15 were present, and one occurance of Trisomy 4. My Doctor isn't too concerned with these.

I had essentially "perfect" health until 2002 when I was diagnosed with Celiac disease, an intolerance to Gluten as found in wheat, rye, and barley. Then in 2004 the MDS was diagnosed.

Perhaps my unusually good response to both Thalidomide and Revlimid is due to my otherwise "good" health. I also take a battery of vitamins that were started before the Thalidomide, whether they help or not is not clear but since I'm doing good I've decided not to change anything.

Regards, Kirby, Cincinnati