Thread: Revlimid
View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 3, 2009, 04:33 AM

Thanks for the replies, sorry it's taken so long to respond. I'm building a house at the moment as well as working and I'm soooo tired that I am frightened of falling asleep while I'm driving.

I have an appointment for Saturday for a 3 unit transfusion in day care and I'll also see my haematologist about starting the Revlimid. I hope my neutrophils have come up a bit or he might not let me take it. I have my fingers crossed because I really want to have a break from the transfusions. I have had over 150 units of blood and have developed antibodies and have to have hydrocortisone and phenergan as a premed. Even then I have had reactions that have been very dramatic and required hospital admission and treatment and taking prednisone when I've been discharged. It now takes at least 24 hours notice to be able to cross match blood for me and sometimes I have to wait until the next day to get the last unit because they have been unable to find suitable blood for me.

I have another question. I quite often get a sore mouth. It feels like when you have mouth ulcers but there aren't any ulcers visible. There seem to be white lumps under my tongue which are tender to touch and these stay tender for a week or more. Does anybody else get this? Do you know what it is? Is there any treatment available?

Thanks,

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion