View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 1, 2011, 05:59 PM

Red face Campath results

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for asking about me. You encouraged me to do the Campath trial for relapsed AA patients at NIH and I am eternally grateful I met you at the AAMDS Conference last July. As you know, I received Campath at NIH in August 2010.

I was transfusion dependent for a total of six months, pre-and post- treatment. The great news is that I have not had a transfusion in about six months. I am having blood work done every three or four weeks now. My most recent counts were: WBC 2.2; HGB 11.2; Platelets 65; and Neutrophils 1210. They were down a little from the time before but I am aware that counts fluctuate quite a bit.

I want to encourage any refractory or relapsed AA patients to consider the Campath trial. Dr. Phillip Scheinberg is the principal Investigator. You can find more information on the NIH website and you can read my story in the personal profiles section of Marrowforums.

Best,
Alyse