View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 10, 2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post

The work that Elaine Sloand did at NIH on Trisomy 8 showed that the body can create a subpopulation of T-cells aimed at Trisomy 8, but also seemed to show that Trisomy 8 cells can continue to generate viable blood cells.
Greg, do you have a link or a source for Dr. Sloand's research? I'd like to read that.

I'm encouraged to hear that your clone seems to have disappeared after increasing so much. Ken's doc said it could potentially diminish, but once we found it, it seemed to remain pretty stable at 25%. Since there seems to be a link between trisomy 8 and cyclosporine dependancy, it would be nice to see it disappear, but I guess a certain percentage of AAers remain cyclo dependant with or without that mutation.

My thought was that if the trisomy is what triggered the initial immune attack, couldn't an autologous transplant simply remove the clone and give him back his own marrow? I know someone with AML who had an auto transplant, and his recovery has been so much better than most of the allogenic BMT accounts I've read. Without knowing whether it was the cause or an aftereffect, however, it would be kind of a longshot.