View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 12, 2012, 01:10 AM

Thanks Greg! Most of the methodology was over my head, but skipping straight to the conclusions was helpful. It answered some of my questions but raised a lot more.

One thing that was interesting is that their criteria for complete hematological remission contained no mention of cellularity. So that brings us back to the question of what conclusions might be drawn from monitoring cellularity in the absence of any chromosomal abnormalities. I'm with the others here in not seeing a clear benefit.

Re: autologous transplant: maybe I have it wrong, but isn't the purpose of using that approach with clonal disorders to remove the clone and then reinfuse the "good" part? AA in and of itself is not a clonal disorder so there'd be nothing to remove, but wouldn't a trisomy 8 or other mutation qualify as a clone? Or would it be too difficult to identify and remove? My understanding of the process is admittedly pretty limited.