View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 17, 2007, 07:32 PM

hi suzanne,

thanks for the info on accessing michelle's story. i did register with care pages and have started reading at the beginning. it may take me a while to get through it, but i am really interested to hear how you guys coped with it. you don't run into many folks with AA who have had a BMT.

susdragon - welcome to the forum! thanks so much for your compliments, it does mean a lot. sometimes you feel like you're very alone with all this, especially as AA is relatively rare. well, i did over the vaccine issue. prior to that, shane's doctors were always brilliant and we shared as much information as possible - agreeing on everything. this is the first time i questioned them, and i wasn't comfortable doing so. i'm a conformist by nature, so yeah - it was quite a step for me and i'm pleased to have stood my ground. infact, if i hadn't accidentally fell upon that article, i would have been none the wiser - that's a scary thought.

i'm also glad to have shared views with wendy also. now her son's story is something to sit up and seriously take notice of. whilst i know that we are all different and react differently. but when the effects of something given can potentially be so dangerous, it does pay to to research and research as much as possible in order to make an informed decision.

you mentioned vaccinations for yourself - have you come to that stage yet? i know you didn't go through the BMT route, but i know others who didn't and have gone through ATG/ALG and chemo in some cases, with cyclosporin too. it would be interesting to hear how others get through it - with vaccines or not.

gina xxx