A free half-day patient conference will be held in Kansas City, MO on Saturday, October 14, 2017. The conference, hosted by the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation
(AA&MDSIF), is one of six one-day patient conferences
The conference is for AA, MDS, and PNH patients and their families, for people who want information about the related diseases of AML, CMML, MPNs, PRCA, and GVHD, and for medical professionals who care for these patients.
The conference will include parallel (simultaneous) sessions on AA/PRCA, MDS/AML/CMML/MPNs, and PNH, as well as a session on wellness issues.
Conference attendance is free. Breakfast and lunch are included. Discounted hotel rates are available to those who want to stay overnight. There will a Friday Night Social the evening before the conference.
Come hear the latest information about diagnosis, treatment, and medical research from leading experts, including these physicians:
- Dr. Abdulraheem Yacoub, University of Kansas Cancer Center
- Aplastic anemia speaker to be announced
- PNH speaker to be announced
Patients and family members will also be able to
AA&MDSIF Patient and Family Conference: Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS, or PNH
- meet medical experts face-to-face
- hear about the latest treatments and medical research
- learn skills for managing life with a bone marrow failure disease
- have your questions answered
- learn how to be your own advocate for the best care
- get to know other patients and family members like yourselves
- attend professionally-facilitated support sessions
Saturday, October 14, 2017, 8:30am to 1:30pm
Check-in begins at 7:30am.
Hilton Kansas City Airport (Google map)
8801 NW 112th Street, Kansas City, MO 64153
Discounted hotel rates are available through Wednesday, September 27, 2017.Hotel parking is free. The hotel provides an airport shuttle on request.
Phone: 800-HIL-TONS or 816-891-8900 (mention "AA&MDSIF Patient Family Conference")
Online Hotel Reservations
See other hotel information on the AA&MDSIF event page.
Use the online Conference Registration Form to register for the conference.
If you plan to attend this conference, post in this thread to let other attendees know to look for you!
For more information see the AA&MDSIF event page.
After the conference, let us know what you thought of the event.