View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 11, 2017, 11:25 AM

Hello Hopeful,

I realize you and others are not doctors. You are just trying to help others understand this disease. Some are more knowledgeable than others at present.

I apologize, but I made an error on the trisomy 8. That was in my mind for another type of cancer he had without treatment. Just removal several years ago. They were also testing that to see if it had anything to with a diagnosis while they were trying to figure things out. That was ruled out and the MDS was confirmed with the BMB.

His marrow is hypercellular less than 5% fat with focal architectural distortion due to fibrosis. Cytologic detail is not optimal. Erythroid elements are mildly increased and exhibit orderly maturation.

Blasts are difficult to enumerate but appear to comprise less than 5% of marrow cellularity.

Megakaryocytes are moderately increased, occur in occasional clusters and show dysplastic/atypical forms. Scattered lymphocytes and plasma cells are seen.

Reticulin is moderately increased grade 2-3. It shows 3 copies of RUNX1 in 5.5% of the cells suggesting trisomy 21/21q

Stay well,
Rarity