View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 18, 2008, 07:07 AM

Pop Up-Date 6/18/08

I would have to say I have gotten much more time with pop than the doctors first stated. Thanks to modern medicine, he has been hanging in there; however, his blood is not bouncing back anymore.

Yesterdays blood test had him at one point from needing blood and platelets. They gave him the option of getting it, but he said he would wait and see. Thursday he goes in for his "shot day" and they will re-due the blood test to see where he is. He was pretty bad this past week. He had wanted to pick cherries off his tree Saturday, but my wife ran him back to the house. He got about 15 minutes in, and we finished for him. We had friends from Cincinnati come down, and they were a big help.

Belle, my 6 1/2 year old has been staying with pop and mom since school let out. She has been going to the hospital with him, except for blood days, too long. She told me last night she wanted to come to work with me on chemo day. Pop had a bad reaction last couple of weeks, and it scared her. She had never seen a grown up get sick before, and since she realizes what is going to happen to him, it hits closer to home for her now. She wants to be there every other day to help him, but she said, "Pop need rest on Thursdays, so I'll come to work with you."

He pretty much is on week to week now, and I guess, like I stated before, time will tell. He was in such good shape before he got sick, and has had a pretty good appetite through it all, I have to believe that that has a lot to do with it.

God bless all those who are sick, and the care givers that love you.

Scott
Son Of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.