View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 11, 2010, 08:47 AM

Red face SCT transplants

Debbie, and Mike and Marion-

I wish the best to you for your upcoming SCT. I have MDS and did the Campath trial at NIH in March. 2009. I know at that time, they were doing T cell depletion trials. We had talked about it because initially they thought I was a transplant option, but then things changed and it was not on the list of options based on risk vs. benefit, (for me). For over a year now, I have been free of all treatments and am holding my own, thanks to the Campath.

Anyway, just wanted to say that there are SO many trials out there and many treatments locations. The best we can all do is research facility/doctor options, research SCT options, and go with your gut. What is best for one person may be different from what is best for another. Location, support system, etc., etc., is emotionally draining in making the decision. I went through that when deciding between ATG/Cyclosporine or the Campath. I had an emotional breakdown right before the trail. I was a mess. But in the end, I had made the right decision for me. So, stick with your decisions and think positive.

I wish the best of outcomes for each of you. Keep us posted, please!

Lisa, in Philadelphia