View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 3, 2013, 08:09 PM

thank you

I appreciate the autoimmune article-sounds so familiar :P The problem is that with my blood counts, the rheumatologist won't try any medication until the hematologist gives the go-ahead, and he won't until he's reassured the low counts aren't caused by something wrong in the bone marrow. And he can't do that unless he does another bmb (You are right, Greg). Interesting that you point out that the pathologist "doesn't hedge bets" on the hypocellularity, and like you stated, in her report, she gives all sorts of possibilities-diet, autoimmune, blahblah.... But, as the hematologist said over the phone, there is NO way of concluding anything regarding cause, because the bmb was botched...without doing another bmb.

Haven't received cytogenetics info yet from the bmb; and the blood test that they repeated 1.5 wks ago, they haven't released. Getting info out of them is like pulling teeth.

Oh, and I'm now getting the bills for hundreds of dollars for the botched bmb, too. Seriously? I can't believe they are still going to charge me for it, after all that.

I left a message asking to get a referral near my new job (easiest way to get a new doc). We'll see.