View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 21, 2014, 01:59 PM

Decided a quick update would be in order, then I may start a new post as we progress. It was recommended that we treat the "biggest elephant in the room" which was the AML quickly. Thus we had the induction chemo (full strength - 7+3). It was very hard on my husband who ended up in ICU with Afib and then kidney failure. The doctors had me calling friends and family, but thankfully he responded to dialysis and after 36 days in the hospital he is home. New BMB shows 2% blasts and showed a new wrinkle is an inverted chromosome 6, which apparently did not appear until the last 2 BMBs. We are tracking that down now. Next course that is recommended is further chemo at an intermediate dose for 5 days, as he did not tolerate full dose. BMT is off the table until his kidney function is normal and then may still be in question due to the conditioning for same.

I have been off the net for so long now. It was a challenge just keeping up with family during the last couple of months....Peachy
Husband 69 dx MDS/RARS 4/2012,Arenasp 2013; dx RAEB-1 5% Blasts - transfusions, Vidaza - BMB 12/2013 35% blasts - dx AML M6b (Pure Erythroleukemia) - Induction/Consolidate complete Aug 2014 - BMB 5%; Not accepted for BMT ; New BMB 18% Blasts with dropping whites and platelets avg HGB 9