View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 30, 2011, 01:29 PM

Thank you for the welcomes, I am 26 years old, Yes I was lucky to have had the opportunity to be seen by Dr.Brodsky from John Hoopkins, he gave us the options available for treating, but mostly went into the High dose cy treatment and his breakthrough with it at Hoopkins, he said in my case and medical history he highly recommended that I went with that treatment as ATG is more likely to have relapses and ongoing treatment. When I was diagnosed my celluar level was very low under 25. My history includes Iron deficiency I was diagnosed with when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I was on iron pills up until I got diagnosed with AA, which when i got sick I thought it was my iron never imagined I have SAA. We ended up choosing the high dose treatment, my doctors have been really amazing, and supportive to this day. Currently I am sitll recovering my celluar levels aren't fully back to normal yet, the plat and white take the longest which is still incrasing, but it does play a role in my immunity and whether I get sick I've had about 3 transfussions now since being discharged in august due to a cold I was fighting and also my diabetes. One side affect of the high dose is that my pancrease got damaged, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in July, I am on a pump, its been difficult to learn how to manage my sugars, which has also put an affect on my celluar level and blood counts.