Thread: CMML
View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 15, 2007, 07:00 AM

CMML

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone on the forum new anything about CMML. I was just doing some research online and found on one website that it is a subcategory of MDS/MPD. My dad was diagnosed with MDS/MPD however, a hematologist from UCLA indicated that he did not agree with the MDS/MPD diagnosis and thought that my dad is RCMD.

I found that the patients dx with CMML tend to have higher monocytes in their white blood cell counts. My dad ranges roughly from 13-18%, although his white blood cell count remains normal.

I am not too familiar with CMML and was just wondering if anyone can share their thoughts and experiences with me. I am going to bring it up to our doctor in our next visit.

This has been such a roller coaster ride. My emotions are everywhere but the worst of it is, I am in constant fear. Fear for just too many different reasons. I know I should focus on "today" and not "tomorrow" but it's hard not to when I am trying to research the best treatment plans for my dad and to learn more about his condition. I am just so scared right now.

Anyhow, thank you for any advice and knowledge you may be able to share. God bless everyone.
June, daugther. 71 yr old father dx on 01/13/07 with MDS/MPD - RCMD/Secondary MF). No excess blasts no excess chromosomes. Hypercelluar 70-80%. Low hgb. Transfusion dependent every 3-4 weeks/2pints. Began Procrit on 03/27/07. No progress thus far. Taking Folic Acid, B6, CoQ10, and Cod Liver Oil