View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 08:10 PM

Follow-up

All,

Thanks for your concern and your recommendations. Yes, I do feel run-down and tired quite often, but I still try to exercise some. Usually I find I can do much more than I feel like doing at the start.

I am looking into the other things that were mentioned in your responses. In fact, I emailed my doctor at Vanderbilt today and asked him about some of these things:
(1) In the testing at Vanderbilt, I was not tested for B6, Copper and zinc, but I was for the other things mentioned. (I have a feeling I was tested for the B6, copper, and zinc with my doctor in Huntsville, but I have been unable to locate those results... yet.)
(2) About the hormone workup: "no work-up on hormones per say-erythropoietin level was high"
(3) He conceded that my case could be slow moving AA or "smoldering" MDS, but the slow course is relatively rare for AA.
(4) He knows Dr. Young and Dr. Brodsky and will discuss my case with them.
(5) Telemore data is in research phases and not routinely done... but perhaps something will come of this in his discussions with Dr. Young and Dr. Brodsky.

Thanks for your help...

David M