View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 4, 2016, 10:11 PM

New to site, need advice

Hi. I am a 37 year old with pancytopenia. I was diagnosed with thrombocytopenia 2 years ago while pregnant. After goving birth I was treated with ritauxin and decadron. My platelets went up from being in the low 30's to averageing in the 70's after treatment. One year later my white blood cells slowly started to decline. Two months ago my hemoglobin also dropped. My latest cbc showed WBC 2.2, hemoglobin 9.5, and platelets 78. Just had a BMB a few days ago. Hematologist said he would call me with the results.
When he calls me what questions should I ask? What is considered normal results for a BMB? Are my cbc numbers really bad? Doctor also tested me for a bunch of vitamin deficiencies and everything came back normal but I had a very high b12 level. Also my liver function tests are slightly elevated. My rheumatiod factor came back very high at 400. Doctor said this is an indicator of high levels of inflamation.
Also does anyone know of a really good hematologist that specializes in bone marrow/ autoimmune disorders in the L.A. area?
Another weird thing is that I tested positive for EBV. My hematologist said he doesnt know what to make of that since im not sick and have no symptoms of mono. This also would cause a sudden drop in counts and not a slow drop over a year.
Thanks for reading my post. Any advice is greatly appreciated!🙂