View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 14, 2011, 12:34 PM

dragon boat racing being studied for effects on cancer survivors

I found an interesting piece on macrobiotics which explains it as basically the usda pyramid minus the dairy and meats. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/nbk20885/ . I see a few folks have tried it, has anyone stuck with it? Also is anyone following Bruce's protocol from aplastic central. There are quite a few folks that have credited recovery to macrobiotics. Since I haven't been diagnosed at this point and my numbers are stable I'm trying to avoid kicking a hornets nest. I eat a lot of fruit and wild salmon (5x a week) avoid red meat and i'm hesitant to take a leap to this. I can't believe that the diet hasn't been tested. While looking for data on the NCI web site in clinical studies I came across a study and Grant to study the effects of dragon boat racing on cancer survivors! http://www.cancer.gov/cam/attachment...portfy2007.pdf but nothing clearly stating if this diet helps or hurts.