View Single Post
Old Mon May 24, 2010, 01:35 PM

WOW!

Thanks for all of your help! I have another CBC scheduled for Friday along with a complete Thyroid as well.

I asked my GP (whom I have great trust in) for a second opinion and he believes that another doctor would tell me the same thing. We are going to wait for another CBC result before we go ahead with the BMB. If my mcv is the same or higher we will go ahead with the BMB. The hematologist told me that I would have versed and not remember or feel the BMB and BMA procedure.

If it gets to that point and my doctor won't offer a referral then I will go ahead and schedule at the James myself at least for a second opinion. Zoe, are they good with you for BMB's at the James???

I asked the hematologist what he would do if he was in this situation and he told me that knowledge is key and he would do the BMB. He did state that we were being very proactive with this but it would be good to find out. He thinks that if the BMB results show that Chromosome 17 and 6 are affected before I am anemic, than I can be treated with something other than CHEMO.

As far as the B12 deficiency tests, I am in the low/normal range. My doctor had me start taking B12 daily (lots of it) and I had a MMA test. The MMA test came back normal. I was told it would be high if I was truly B12 deficient. HOWEVER, that little thing called woman's intuition tells me there is a B12 problem. Maybe I am crazy but I originally went to the doc because of chest pains and when I was on the B12 the chest pains disappeared. I have stopped taking the B12 and there is a faint reminder of the original chest pain...

Anyways... I will be asking for a copy of all of the blood work results over this last 9 months soon! When I do, I will post and get more of your opinions.

I can't thank all of you enough for responding to my question! As you know this IS a scary thing to have to go through and is definitely changing the way I live my life! I suppose there is some good to that! But then there are days that I am just lost! Thanks for helping me out!!!!!

Rachel