Thread: EPO+Gcsf
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 24, 2013, 04:50 AM

Hi Mseth - I handle my neutropenia by a healthy diet (plenty of fruit and vegies, no alcohol, no smoking, no meat except fish occasionally, no dairy, no cane or other sugars except fruit and natural unheated honey), strict hygiene (especially hand-washing) and taking Echinacea 5000 mg whenever I feel as though I might be getting a sore throat. I take Vitamin D every day. For skin wounds I use peroxide promptly if they look as though they might infect.

I think that the gamma globulin I have every month for hypogammaglobulinemia is also helpful for my immune system. It is extracted from plasma.

I do hope that the EPO/GCSF will be of great benefit to your mum as red blood transfusions can cause problems with excess iron over time. God bless you as you continue to seek ways to assist her.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.