View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 25, 2012, 11:06 PM

Diabetes Type 1 is an autoimmunue disorder and Cytoxan is an immunosuppresive drug ,its a destruction of the insulin producing beta cells in your pancrese. Some chemicals and drugs destroy those cells causing little to no insulin production which control glucose levels in your bloodstream. My sugars they noticed and my a1c were higher then normal from about april but i was on borderline, but my a1c which shows your sugars within the past three months was high from april too july when I got diagnosed it went from 10 to 13 in a matter of a few months. As with your husband the drugs effect us differently. Type 1 is very common in terminally ill patients and after a very terminal illness such as Anemia. I had other complications as well I developed really severe punemonia after my treatment which landed me in ICU they put me in a coma which I didn't come out for four months. The punemonia I had complications, I had acute respiratory distress syndrome which is a severe complication of punemonia and sepsis.

Last edited by amandana : Sun Aug 26, 2012 at 12:14 AM.