View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 5, 2013, 12:28 AM

Haplo

My husband underwent the HAPLO MUD transplant on September 13th at MDA just 9 months after a auto transplant. He had double hit lymphoma and had a recurrence of disease within 2 months of suto transplant. He received the 1/2 match cells from his brother on the 20th. Within a week he had catastrophic organ failure beginning with kidney failure resulting in his lungs filling with fluid. We ended up in ICU on the 1st of October. Each day his levels decreased and infections increased. He picked up a bacteria infection and a fungus in his lungs. His kidneys never recovered while intibated he suffered 2 strokes and a heart attack. I removed him from life support on the 17th and he passed away on the 18th.

please research and ask as many questions as you possibly can The HAPLO is very new and in the last 2 years they have added 4 days of high dose therapy post transplant cells. My husband was only 47 years old and in complete remission of a very aggressive and rare disease. We found out after his passing that the chemo caused serioud damage to his organs and his D-Driver level for clotting was over 16.37 normal is under 0-2.

This has been the hardest journey of my life. We asked so many questions

I am praying for your family