View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 17, 2010, 04:21 PM

My question is when do you learn to let go of the fear of a relapse and learn to live your life again?

Hi Paul,

Eventually you will learn to relax and try to live with her illness. But every now and then the feeling of despair rears it's ugly head again. And you will take a deep breath and move forward because you have to.

Her counts after ATG sound great! My son Gage was dx with AA at the age of 3years. His brother and sister were not a BMT match. He has had two rounds of ATG, one horse and one rabbit. He is now almost 13 years old.

I think your wife's count are really good right now considering the time frame since she had her treatment. Sometimes it can take up to a year for you to see the total benifits from the ATG treatment.

My son's counts: HGB 7.2; WBC 2.3; PLT 26: ANC 480. These are his normal counts and have been now for the past two years. These counts are without any transfusions. I wish they were higher so that he can do more activities like low impact sports. But, we have learned to live with his "normal"

I wish the best for you and your wife.

CDChilds